Stretching in a semicircle across the Drakensberg area, the Amphitheatre escarpment is the majestic bastion to an endless valley. Light dances on its sheer cliff faces, blessing those that behold its splendour with a deep feeling of peace and a sense of complete space. Built to enhance the special mood that its natural surroundings emit, Montusi Mountain Lodge is the only upmarket accommodation that features uninterrupted views of this majestic natural display from every building.
A 1,000ha conservation estate plays host to this peaceful lodge and provides plenty of entertainment for its guests. Hiking in the estate will take you over undulating grass-covered hills, past streams and rock pools for summer swimming, and up to the top of Montusi Mountain. Horse rides range from gentle trots over flat fields to exhilarating gallops into the river valleys.
Built with the philosophy of space, comfort, and peace, the lodge offers luxury accommodation in 10 Garden Suites, 4 Family Suites, and 2 Mountain Suites, each with en-suite bathrooms and continual views of the Amphitheatre escarpment. The beautifully crafted pool is designed to echo the rock formations of its striking backdrop.
- Only upmarket accommodation that features uninterrupted views of the Drakensberg’s Amphitheatre from every building
- Built with the philosophy of space, comfort, and peace
- Located on a 1,000ha conservation estate ideal for hiking and horse riding
- Offers luxury accommodation in 10 Garden Suites, 4 Family Suites, and 2 Mountain Suites
- A beautifully crafted and unusually designed pool with views on to the escarpment