The Thula Thula Private Game Reserve holds within its borders centuries of cultural and wildlife heritage, tracing its origin all the way back to the private hunting grounds of King Shaka; a great Zulu king and conqueror. Thula Thula translates to ‘peace and tranquillity’ in Zulu, which could not better describe the atmosphere of Thula Thula Luxury Tented Camp - a comfortable and opulent retreat deep in the reserve.
Once owned by the legendary conservationist Lawrence Anthony, the 4,500ha game reserve is a triumph of conservation efforts and boasts a dense wildlife population, including 4 of the Big 5, as well as hyena, crocodile, zebra, and wildebeest. The unique diversity of landscapes in the reserve can be traversed on game drives with experienced rangers or on safari walks with knowledgeable trackers.
Only 8 Luxury Tents ensure exclusivity, while private viewing decks and lavish en-suite bathrooms in each tent guarantees luxurious living. The central living area features a bar, dining room, lounges, as well as a boma where guests can dine under the stars. A large swimming pool and thatched bar offer rest and relaxation. Activities go far beyond just wildlife viewing at Thula Thula. There are therapeutic massages, visits to the local rural Zulu village and the Hluhluwe–Imfolozi Game Reserve, cruises on the St. Lucia Estuary to view hippos and crocodiles, French cuisine cooking classes and champagne picnic lunches in the bush.
- Situated in the historic Thula Thula Private Game Reserve
- The atmosphere of the camp lives up to the name ‘Thula Thula’ which means ‘peace and tranquillity’ in Zulu
- The reserve is known for its conservation efforts and boasts a dense wildlife population and a diversity of landscapes
- The rangers and trackers in the reserve are knowledgeable and experienced
- Only 8 luxury tents ensure exclusivity