Ntshondwe Lodge guarantees a solitary escape and an intimate African wildlife experience. Three en-suite bedrooms form part of this small lodge and are perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking 29,000ha of rugged thornveld in the Ithala Game Reserve. From here, guests can see the landscape tumble from the height of the Ngotshe Mountains into the valley carved by the Phongolo River.
Guests are treated to sightings of a number of endangered species such as the brown hyena, pangolin, and bushbaby, while birders will have the pleasure of watching goliath heron, and bald ibis in their natural habitat. Catch a glimpse of the rare nocturnal animals inhabiting the reserve during evening game drives, or swop your open-air vehicle for a pair of hiking shoes or a mountain bike.
The 3 en-suite bedrooms sleep a maximum of 6 people, with a tiered lounge and spacious dining room leading out on to a private deck. Ntshondwe is a self-catering lodge, although guests have the option of a cook and attendant who will prepare the food they bring – turning simple ingredients into scrumptious delights.
- The lodge only has 3 rooms
- Guests are treated to sightings of a number of endangered species while birders will have the pleasure of watching goliath heron and bald ibis
- Day and night game drives, bush walks, and mountain biking safaris are on offer
- Each room has a tiered lounge and spacious dining room leading out to a private deck
- Self-catering with cooks available