Hippo Hollow Country Estate is situated outside Hazyview on the Sabi River, between the Drakensberg Mountains and the low-lying bushveld. It is the ideal destination from which to access the game reserves of the lowveld and the enchanting sights of Mpumalanga.
The full-service Hippo Hollow restaurant and bar overlook the Sabi River and offer country cuisine and a fine-wine selection. The sight of kingfishers and other beautiful water birds as well as hippos grazing on the lawns make dining here a truly unique experience. Two large central swimming pools on the Hippo Hollow estate offer a welcome respite on hot lowveld days. Arts-and-crafts lovers can enjoy the well-stocked curio shop which boasts a good selection of local art.
Accommodation at Hippo Hollow comes in many forms: 18 Family Chalets on the river, 19 king-or-twin-bed Chalets set in a sub-tropical garden and over 50 Hotel Rooms. The Chalets are semi-self-catering with a kitchenette and a BBQ and exclude satellite TV and Wi-Fi to provide an intimate and relaxing getaway for the whole family.
- Explore the nearby lowveld game reserves and other Mpumalanga destinations
- Multiple accommodation options – there’s something for businessmen and families alike
- Family Chalets without Wi-Fi or satellite TV help create a true family getaway
- Facilities include two large swimming pools, on-site restaurant and a curio shop
- Stay connected with free W-Fi available in the lounge and all courtyard hotel rooms