Kapama Buffalo Camp is located inside Kapama Private Game Reserve, which lies on a huge expanse of land between the Drakensberg Mountains and the Kruger National Park. Built on the theme of East African safari camps of old, Kapama Buffalo Camp offers visitors a unique and intimate experience of the African bush.
Kapama Buffalo Camp is ideal for those who wish to discover the African bush without frills. The thatched bar, dining-room and campfire area contribute to the intimate ambience of the camp. At night, lanterns (rather than electric lights) glow under the treetop canopy. The camp's refreshing swimming pool offers respite from the heat of the African summer and the day's adventures may be shared in the cool open-air bar with its spectacular view over the riverbed.
The 10 Canvas Tents, each accommodating two guests, are set on stilts among the canopies of ancient trees which line a seasonal river. The tents are inter-connected with wooden walkways, which run high above a sandy riverbed. Landscaped by Mother Nature herself the entertainment facilities which include lounge, dining room and boma are surrounded by an indigenous garden.
- Set in the Kapama Private Game Reserve, near the Kruger National Park
- Experience the African bush in a way that is intimate rather than opulent
- Plenty of activities including game drives, bush walks, and more
- Authentic canvas tents set up on stilts and surrounded by lush tree canopies
- Tents include air conditioning, coffee machine, mini-bar and lock-up safe