28,300ha of pristine wilderness and four of South Africa’s seven biomes make up the award-winning Samara Private Game Reserve. This diverse landscape accommodates a stunning variety of wildlife. Visitors have the exclusive opportunity to observe white rhino, giraffe, monkeys, Cape Mountain zebras, as well as the magnificent and elusive cheetah in a malaria-free environment with the hauntingly beautiful Karoo landscape as a backdrop.
Because Samara is privately owned, it is not subject to the same restrictions as other reserves, allowing visitors more freedom to move through the land. The expert guides are very knowledgeable and will track the animals in an effort to ensure that visitors never miss an opportunity to get up close and personal with the reserve’s wildlife. There are not many experiences as thrilling as interacting with the beautiful cheetah in its natural habitat.
The southern flank of the Sneeuberg Mountains creates an amphitheatre under which Samara’s luxury accommodation stands. Astonishingly for such a magnificent wildlife experience, Samara is in close proximity to the historically fascinating town of Graaff-Reinet and only 223km outside of Port Elizabeth, giving visitors easy access to an unforgettable experience.
- Home to four of South Africa’s seven biomes
- Offers the opportunity to observe white rhino, giraffe, monkeys, Cape Mountain zebras, as well as the magnificent and elusive cheetah in a malaria-free environment
- Safari experience with the hauntingly beautiful Karoo landscape as a backdrop
- Samara is privately owned affording guests more freedom to move through the reserve
- Expert guides are on hand to track the animals and allow up close and personal experiences with the wildlife
- Guests have the choice of three luxury accommodation options