De Zeekoe is a working farm of 2000 hectares and part of a historic homestead over 150 years old in the semi-arid Klein Karoo. Just 7km from the historic town of Oudtshoorn, it is at the end of the 450km Route 62, a fascinating inland meander from Cape Town through vineyards, mountains and rivers.
De Zeekoe is home to about 3000 ostriches that roam the land at will. Cast a line or canoe on the lake or mountain bike along deserted paths. A unique diversion, hosted exclusively at De Zeekoe, is a meerkat conservation program. If you don’t mind an early start, get up close and personal with wild meerkats and marvel at their curious antics!
19 Main House Rooms are divided into Standard, Luxury, Superior and Superior Honeymoon Rooms. Luxury Rooms and above are best suited for a longer stay, each with well-appointed bathrooms and private verandahs providing panoramic vistas of the rugged mountains and meandering rivers. Lake-front cabins and eco-friendly cottages are available 2km’s from the Main House for those in search of more privacy.
- Immersive setting on a working farm, surrounded by lakes, riverbed and mountains
- Location is ideal for discovering Oudshoorn’s main attractions
- Discounted rates for the meerkat tour that is conducted on the De Zeekoe farm
- Range of accommodation options to suit any budget
- On-site restaurant serves breakfast and dinner