South Africa’s Garden Route is known for immaculate beaches, serene estuaries, and verdant indigenous forests – all the makings of a relaxed and romantic getaway. This is certainly what you get from the cape-style cottages that accommodate you at Belvidere Manor on the west coast of Knysna’s lagoon.
Nature lovers will cherish the beautiful forests—home to South Africa’s only forest elephants and abundant birdlife including near-endemic species such as the Knysna Loerie. The monolithic sandstone Knysna “Heads” are picturesque sentinels protecting the estuary. Humpback and Southern Right whales are delightful coastal visitors between May and September. Outdoor activities in the region are plentiful while sublime restaurants, interesting shopping, and fascinating cultural tours are also available.
The manor’s charming cottages come in a range of categories: the Garden Classic or double storey Garden Deluxe options sleep 2 to 6 guests, the single bedroom Lagoon Classic Cottages are fit for 2, and the Lagoon Deluxe cottages’ double suites sleep 4. A crystal blue pool sparkles invitingly and The Bell Tavern, Knysna’s smallest pub, is a cosy and quaint local favourite where locally brewed Mitchell’s beer is available.
- A great stop along the Garden Route with its pristine beaches and lush indigenous forests
- Beautiful situation on the west shores of Knysna’s lagoon
- More than 270 bird species recorded on Belvidere Estate – stay in birding paradise
- A unique and beautiful function venue suited to conferences, weddings and special celebrations
- Charming accommodation in Cape-style cottages