Enjoy the comforts and tranquillity of Summerwood Guest House, a delightful and welcoming guesthouse in the Cape Winelands. As is the norm in Stellenbosch, this unique boutique hotel is steeped in history: originally built in 1904, it has been tastefully restored to meet the highest standards while retaining homey comfort.
Small and sophisticated, Stellenbosch may just be the most beautiful town in South Africa. Wander the oak-shaded streets - many of which still have irrigation furrows - and observe fine examples of Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian architecture. Countless celebrated restaurants and wine estates are nestled along the slopes and in the valleys surrounding one of South Africa’s oldest towns.
Summerwood offers 9 en-suite Bedrooms, each individually and classically decorated to provide the warmth and relaxation that only a home can satisfy. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the country-style dining room or on the patio overlooking the pool and gardens. Take a refreshing swim in Summerwood's pool, unwind with a drink under the shade of an old stinkwood tree and allow your hosts to make dinner reservations from a selection of some of the finest restaurants in the country.
- Homey atmosphere makes Summerwood an easy-going getaway to the Winelands
- Found in a residential area, a few blocks from the busy Stellenbosch centre
- Hosts will happily assist with restaurant reservations and activity suggestions
- Lovely garden and pool provide a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle
- Outdoor activities such as golf and hiking available nearby