Design and décor are often features of a hotel rather than the focal point, but it is difficult to not openly gawk at the sublime fixtures at Majeka House, in Stellenbosch. The contemporary synthesis of wood, plastic, leather and colourful fabric punctuated by orchids and wall murals is just the beginning: located in South Africa’s oldest town at the heart of the Cape Winelands and home to an award-winning restaurant, Majeka House is the perfect base from which to explore the area.
Stellenbosch, founded in 1679, is a historical treasure trove. Museums, galleries and classic Cape Dutch architecture rest along roads lined with hundreds of oak trees planted over three centuries ago. The greater Stellenbosch area is an epicure’s delight with over 140 wine estates, most with their own restaurants, while the surrounding mountain ranges and valleys provide escapes for the nature-lover.
Available room categories are The Premier Collection, The Garden Alternative, The Poolside Choice and The Mountain View Selection. Rooms are individually decorated and radiate modern convenience and indulgence with Chrysalis 300 thread count linen, flat screen TVs with DSTV, Lavazza coffee machines, gowns and in-room dining.
- Convenient location allows for easy exploration of nearby wine estates
- Award winning restaurant located on the property
- In-house spa offers unique treatments such as Himalayan salt and colour therapy
- Super chic, contemporary design
- Historical and cultural activities abound with many museums and galleries