The Taj is in the heart of the Mother City, opposite Parliament and the Company Gardens. Originally the old South African Reserve Bank, the building has been dazzlingly restored but retains the splendid marble columns, floors and the lofty domed ceiling.
176 Rooms and Suites are spread throughout three buildings. The rooms all vary in size and style, affording either a high-rise cityscape or Table Mountain view. Exquisite Indian fabric designs drape the spacious and comfortable rooms, while all of the bathrooms are furnished in beige marble with beautiful art-deco mirrors.
The Mint Restaurant is fresh, bright and modern – an ideal space for all day long dining. For a more serious meal head to the Bombay Brasserie – one of the most effortlessly-styled and intimate dining rooms in the city, complete with peacock embroidered arm chairs imported from India, and authentic Indian fare. The Cape colonial-styled Twankey Bar is a memorable seafood, champagne and oyster bar for something relaxed. The Jiva Spa, an Ayurveda Spa, provides an array of treatments and is worth visiting for the instantly soothing atmosphere and the humble ‘Namaste’ greeting alone.
- City centre position makes it a good choice for business or leisure travellers
- Easy access to city sightseeing, the V&A Waterfront and a host of other destinations
- History of the building makes it a unique landmark
- Part of the internationally renowned Taj group of hotels, upholding five-star standards
- Excellent mix of African and Asian influences throughout the hotels décor, services and facilities