An esteemed member of The Royal Portfolio, The Silo hotel hovers above the V&A Waterfront and proffers fantastic views of Cape Town — the undisputed crown jewel on South Africa’s destination diadem. Guests can stay in a slice of history with this hotel located in the historic grain silo complex above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (opening September 2017) — an attraction to rival the likes of the Tate Modern and the Museum of Modern Art.
Cape Town is a city that seamlessly combines natural beauty with modern conveniences. A thriving night life, food and wine culture, rich historical heritage, and plethora of natural wonders make it a one-in-a-million destination that will have visitors of all cultures and creeds entertained.
Given its location, it’s unsurprising that The Silo is a hotel built in tribute to African arts and culture. Built by architectural stalwart, Thomas Heatherwick, the structure is a piece of art in its own right. Guests can choose from The Silo’s Royal Suites, Family Suites, Deluxe Superior Suites, Superior Suites, Luxury Rooms, The Silo Rooms, and the flagship Penthouse.
- Located in the historic grain silo complex and above the Zeitz MOCAA
- Found in the heart of the City Bowl and with magnificent views of Cape Town
- The building has been designed by architectural powerhouse Thomas Heatherwick of London’s Heatherwick Studio
- Unique pillowed window bays are a characteristic architectural feature of the hotel
- An array of room categories are available to suit all types of travellers