South Africa’s most picturesque city rests beneath the cloud-capped gaze of Table Mountain and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. Home to a wealth of attractions including pristine beaches, world-class restaurants, rolling winelands, and numerous hiking trails—there is plenty to see and do. The Protea Hotel Fire & Ice puts guests in the centre of it all in the bustling City Bowl.
Make your way up to Table Mountain on foot or by cable car and revel in the all-encompassing views of the city and ocean before you. The V&A Waterfront—a hub of world-class entertainment, dining, and shopping—is a few minutes away, while the city at large can be used as a base to explore the Cape Peninsula, its winelands, and charming seaside towns.
The Protea Hotel can be found in the trendy suburb of Tamboerskloof. Mingle with locals and travellers in the hotel’s bar and restaurant, lounge on the decks by the pool, work up a sweat in the fitness centre, or enjoy a pamper session in the spa. Guests can take advantage of the hotel’s Standard Rooms, Superior Rooms, and Suites.
- Each room and suite has an en-suite bathroom, desk, air-conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities, extra-length king-size beds, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, and electronic safes
- There are 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom Suites available
- Located in the heart of Cape Town in the suburb of Tamboerskloof—part of the City Bowl
- On-site bar, restaurant, swimming pool, fitness centre, and spa
- Universal Access rooms are available