To describe Ellerman House as ‘a home away from home’ is rather deceptive. The description would only fit if your home boasts extraordinary luxury on a property with unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean and Robben Island. This boutique hotel could compete with the finest in the world, thanks in part to its private cellar (with over 7,500 wines) and an equally impressive art collection.
Ellerman House stands tall on Kloof Road within Cape Town’s affluent suburb of Bantry Bay. Of all its winning attributes, Ellerman House’s location deserves special mention - the property is within walking distance of the Clifton Beach, 10 minutes from the centre of Cape Town and the V&A Waterfront and a mere 45 minutes from the Cape Winelands.
This Relais & Châteaux property is made up of the main house and 2 free-standing Villas. Though no room is the same, each one shares a sophisticated elegance. The main house ranges from the Classic House Room to the generous Ellerman House Suites while Villa One and Two create the privacy and intimacy required for small gatherings of friends and family.
- Uninterrupted sea views from most rooms and main areas
- Extensive in-house collection of South African art
- One-of-kind wine gallery with over 7,500 bottles on display
- Magnificent spa offering a wide variety of treatments
- Delicious ‘farm-to-fork’ cuisine at the on-site restaurant
- Committed to sustainable tourism and social upliftment