The Gondwana Canyon Park is a private reserve that runs along the eastern edge of the Fish River Canyon conservation area. The historic Canyon Lodge, having been restored and built around an early 20th-century farmhouse, is one of four places to stay inside the park.
Take a guided drive to the Fish River Canyon and be awed by chasms wrought over earth’s cataclysmic events in past millennia. Other activities include scenic flights over the canyon, 4x4 trails across the plains, horse and hiking trails, sunset drives and admiring the sunrise amid the quiver tree forests. The magnificence here, lies in the scenery and history of the land and in the stillness of your surroundings.
25 natural stone Chalets are built out of and into the surrounding granite outcrops, offering expansive views over the wild Gondwana Canyon Park. The farmhouse has a lively bar, large pool, shaded verandah and a restaurant - all of which look out over the plains towards the Fish River Canyon. Fresh produce from a nearby smallholding ensures honest-to-goodness farm style meals to satisfy hearty appetites.
- One of only 4 lodges in the Gondwana Canyon Park with close proximity to Fish River Canyon
- A variety of excursions available to discover the sights in the area
- Natural stone chalets are a unique way to experience your surroundings
- Farmhouse style main building offers excellent facilities and dining
- Part of Gondwana Collection of hotels upholding the standard of this portfolio