The Etosha National Park is renowned as Namibia’s finest game-viewing destination and, as a result, thousands of travellers flock through its gates every year. Those who’d love to experience Etosha, but would prefer to steer clear of the throngs of tourists, would do well to book in at the reserve’s best-kept secret: the secluded Ongava Tented Camp.
Situated on the 30,000-hectare Ongava Game Reserve (just 10-minutes’ drive from Etosha’s gate), this camp allows you to experience to best game-viewing both Etosha and Ongava has to offer - with the added advantage of exclusivity and privacy. Namibian specialities like Gemsbok, springbok, damara dik-dik, and black-faced impala can be seen in Etosha, while Ongava is good for sightings of lion, eland, and Hartmann’s mountain zebra.
Not that you’d need to go on a game drive or walking safari. The camp’s 8 Luxury Tents overlook an active waterhole, allowing you to indulge in game-viewing without leaving the camp. Each tent comes with en-suite facilities, private decks, and outdoor showers. The tents are huddled around a stone-and-thatch main area, which includes a bar and swimming pool, and boasts a view to all the action happening in and around the waterhole.
- 8 Luxury Tents (sleeping a maximum of 16 guests) make for an exclusive and private safari experience
- Overlooks an active waterhole, allowing guests to do game-viewing from the comfort of the camp
- Walking safaris where you track black and white rhino with a ranger
- Tucked away in the Etosha Game Reserve, Namibia’s finest destination for game-viewing
- A paradise for bird-watchers with short-toed rock thrush, Hartlaub’s francolin, rockrunner, Rüppell’s parrot, and white-tailed shrike endemic to the area