Azura Benguerra Island is a welcome addition to Bazaruto’s Benguerra Island and plays a major part in the community upliftment and conservation efforts. It is the first luxury ‘eco-boutique’ retreat in Mozambique and has been recognised worldwide for its sterling environmental efforts.
The beaches are silky and soft, the water is warm and clear, and you could spend a lifetime just lounging about. If you ever do feel the need to leave your deckchair and ice-cold cocktail, then you can take part in world-class diving and snorkelling among the coral reefs. You may encounter turtles that nest on the island, migrating whales, dolphins, and even the elusive dugong.
Accommodation consists of 2 Beach Villas, 10 Infinity Villas, 3 Luxury Beach Villas, a Presidential Villa and the decadent Villa Amizade. Each villa was constructed entirely by hand, comes with a private bathroom, and leads directly to the beach. Indigenous gardens complete the picture of serenity and there is a well-stocked bar. Dining usually takes place under the night stars and romantic dinners can be arranged for the ultimate honeymoon experience.
- Relax on white beaches surrounded by clear turquoise oceans
- Perfect spot for a romantic getaway or honeymoon
- Lounge under the African sun or enjoy relaxing spa treatments
- Private and exclusive accommodation with only 17 Villas available
- Scuba dive and snorkel your way around the majestic coral reefs nearby