Kenya’s The Great Rift Valley is a dramatic landscape of sheer walls rising up from the ground, spectacular craters, a series of active and inactive volcanoes and a great chain of lakes. Situated on a volcanic hill with the 48,000-acre Soysambu Conservancy and overlooking Lake Elementeita, Sleeping Warrior Lodge allows you to explore this thrilling region.
Found in the Great Rift Valley’s eastern stretch, Soysambu plays host to around 15,000 wild animals, including the rare Rothschild Giraffe, and over 450 bird species. 4x4’s are required to negotiate this tough terrain and guests may be accompanied by experienced guides. A variety of guided walks—including a climb of the sleeping warrior crater—are also available, as are bush dining experiences
The lodge’s accommodation consists of 10 widely spaced stone Cottages with high-vaulted thatch ceilings and viewing decks. Each is named after one of the bird species that seek out its individual garden and features furniture made from the cedar fence posts that once delineated the colonial ranch. The main lodge includes a spacious lounge with baronial fireplace and a dining area and bar commanding extensive views among other facilities.
- Located about 130km from Nairobi and only 27km from Nakuru National Park’s Nderit Gate
- Lodge overlooks Lake Elementeita in the Great Rift Valley, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wellness centre on site offering a range of treatments and therapies
- Rooms are twin or double, each is equipped with a day bed which can be converted into an additional single bed and cots can also be provided
- Facilities include a conference room and the lodge can also host destination weddings