Mahali Mzuri means ‘beautiful place’ in Swahili which is certainly what Sir Richard Branson has created with his luxury tented safari camp. Gracefully arched canvas canopies line the edge of a lush valley descending to rolling plains and merge with their surroundings in the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy within the Greater Mara Ecosystem.
The region is renowned for its abundant wildlife and array of bird species. What is more, the annual spectacle of The Great Wildebeest Migration brings up to a million wildebeest and accompanying gazelle and zebras through the 13,500ha conservancy anywhere between July and September. There is plenty to see whether from the 12m infinity pool or out on a morning or evening game drive. Tours of local Maasai villages and school visits can also be arranged.
12 en suite Tents (2 with a sleeper couch for up to 2 children) make up the accommodation evenly distributed to each side of the Main Tent. This central hub houses a relaxing lounge with fireplace, library and even iPads and iPod docking stations, a TV/DVD player, games console and a large deck.
- Part of the Virgin Limited Edition portfolio
- Short domestic flights from Nairobi-Wilson airport land at 2 nearby airstrips.
- Little Warrior programme for children (ideally accommodated once they are 6 or older)
- A range of dining experiences available plus all meals and beverages included
- Nasaro spa provides a refuge of relaxation near the valley floor