The manicured gardens and grounds surrounding Ol Tukai Lodge in Amboseli National Park make it look more like a country retreat than a safari lodge. A spindly fence keeps the elephants – for which this lodge has become renowned – at a safe distance from your private patio and - on clear days - Mount Kilimanjaro makes a spectacular backdrop for your wildlife and scenic photography.
Ol Tukai is one of the newer lodges in Kenya's Amboseli National Park. The plains of Amboseli are visible from almost everywhere and Kilimanjaro looms large in almost every picture you take. Activities at Ol Tukai lodge include a guided bird walk – over 150 species recorded at the lodge, game drives, conservation exhibitions, and a taste of African culture from a troupe of Maasai dancers.
Ol Tukai Lodge has 80 Rooms spread out beneath the trees in clusters of four. Each room has an en-suite bathroom and a private terrace with a view of the elephant marsh or Kilimanjaro. Rooms reflect traditional African style with dark woods and bright splashes of red and burnt orange.
- Amazing views to Kilimanjaro and the endless plains of Amboseli
- Plenty of game (such as elephant, zebra and hippo) to be seen from the comfort of your private patio
- Meals offer a variety of cuisines, including some Maasai specialities
- Out of Africa feel with manicured lawns and a welcoming pool area
- Candle and lantern-lit bush dinners under the stars are a wonderful, romantic experience