Vumbura Plains Camp is a fantastic camp situated in a private concession, bordering the Moremi Game Reserve in the extreme north of the Okavango Delta. The Vumbura Reserve has a wonderful variety of habitats, great wildlife diversity and an enormous traversing area of close to 24,000 hectares.
With permanent water and a vast expanse of dry land, the lodge offers the full range of wildlife activities. Take to the water in the silence of a traditional mokoro or nippy delta boat for some spectacular scenery, bird-watching and game-viewing. On land, your ranger will navigate the marshy floodplains in an open game-viewing vehicle. Walking safaris and bird-watching provide a serene and intimate encounter with the fascinating African bush.
This stylish camp is made up of 2 separate lodges of 7 Suites each. The tented suites sit on raised wooden platforms beneath a dense canopy of indigenous trees. The décor is light and airy with a Scandinavian touch. Each suite looks out over the watery plains and has an outdoor shower, a raised lounge and a private deck with a plunge pool.
- Situated in the Vumbura Reserve, containing around 24, 000 hectares of varied habitats
- Ideal mix of luxury safari accommodation and an authentic safari experience
- Explore the Okavango Delta by mokoro or delta boat, open-air 4x4 vehicle or on foot
- Animals that can be spotted include lion, cheetah, wild dog, leopard and hyena
- Limited accommodation with just 14 available Suites