Unmatched tranquillity and beauty await on the banks of an island within the Okavango Delta. Overlooking lush plains and teeming waterways, Shinde Camp offers both wet and dry safari activities throughout the year and sets the benchmark for authentic, luxury safaris in prime locations.
The positioning of the camp allows Shinde to offer a wide range of activities, granting guests the opportunity to tailor make their own perfect safari experience. Land-based safari experiences include game drives in the morning and evening as well as bushwalks with a guide while water-based experiences include river safaris on a motor boat or traditional mokoro. Fishing is a popular pastime and Shinde is able to supply its guests with basic equipment in March through to December months.
Accommodation at Shinde Camp consists of 8 large Safari Tents with sewn-in floors and windows, including three Tents built on plinths overlooking the Okavango Delta. Each Tent features private en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water, a shower and flush toilet. Each of these classic tents have been thoughtfully positioned to offer exquisite views across the Okavango's waterways and open grasslands.
- Both wet and dry activities all year round
- Exceptional views over the Okavango Delta
- Luxurious Tents with en-suite bathrooms
- Multi-tiered dining area called “the treehouse”
- Between June and August, the high flood levels in the Okavango bring together one of the greatest concentrations of wildlife found in Africa