Inspired by the peaceful waters that flow in front of the camp, Okuti Camp, in the heart of Moremi Game Reserve, features an innovative design of semi-circular reed-lined Mosasas (the ancient tribal word for ‘house of reeds’) built to create striking views over the Xakanaxa Lagoon.
Moremi Game Reserve is considered one of the best wildlife reserves in the world and is relatively untouched by mass tourism. Specially-designed safari vehicles ensure unhindered game-viewing and photography while motorboats allow guests to adventure through the Delta waterways in search of the dense birdlife. The gorgeous Xakanaxa Lagoon features a ‘mini heronry’ where white egrets, grey herons and marabou storks gather.
Each of the 7 spacious twin-bedded Mosasas is raised on teak decks above the lagoon and extends out onto a private balcony. The main area is comprised of 5 huge rondavels with beehive-style thatched roofs under which stands the main reception and lounge and dining area. A decked verandah features a plunge pool with views over the lagoon.
- Innovative design which allows for beautiful views over the Xakanaxa Lagoon
- Situated in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve
- Specially-designed safari vehicles are ideal for game-viewing and photography
- The area is dense in birdlife with the Xakanaxa Lagoon featuring a ‘mini heronry’
- 7 twin-bedded Mosasas are raised on teak decks and feature private balconies