Khwai Leadwood is in a league of its own. It’s safari elegance and environmentally-conscious approach to luxury makes staying here a pleasure. Bordering Botswana’s Moremi Game Reserve, game-viewing here is exceptional and game-drives often include sightings of lion, elephant, wild dog, and leopard. An added bonus is Khwai Leadwood’s family-friendly environment, ensuring that the little ones needn’t be left at home.
Located in the Khwai Area on Moremi’s eastern border, this wildlife haven can be reached after a swift 30-minute flight from Maun, the country’s capital. A natural boundary created by the banks of the lagoon separates Moremi Game Reserve from the community-run concession where Khwai Leadwood is located. When the water level is high enough, the area can be explored by mokoro. Nature walks, bird watching, and cultural tours are also on offer.
Khwai Leadwood has two family units with inter-leading walkways/rooms as well as two standard units built on raised decks boasting stunning 180° views overlooking the lagoon. All units have en-suite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers.
- The camp has two standard units and two family units with inter-leading walkways
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers and flush toilets
- Camp is in a community-run concession and operates off full solar-power and a sewerage purity system to ensure that 80% of all the water used is recyclable
- Embark on day and night drives to see lion, leopard, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, wild dog, buffalo, and hippo
- Guided walking safaris along the banks of the Khwai River and inside the reserve