On the edge of the Gomoti river system, the Gomoti Plains Camp is set up in all its splendour. The area is sought after for the high concentration of wildlife and great chances of seeing larger predators on the plains and waterways, as well as herds of elephants and buffalo. Guests can explore the waterways by Mekoro (a dug-out canoe) poled in the shallow waters by an experienced poler.
Gomoti is in Botswana, 30 minutes from the airstrip or a self-drive from surrounding areas. There are game drives in the morning and evening, as well as night drives offering a chance to see the smaller nocturnal animals with spotlights. Leisurely walking safaris can be arranged with guides leading you on early morning adventures.
There are 10 luxury tents, consisting of 8 luxury double tents and 2 luxury family tents. The safari style appears effortless as it incorporates natural themes of the Okavango delta. All have en-suite bathrooms, inside and outside showers, flush toilets and electricity for lighting in the tent. The food is prepared with a local flavour and style and is best enjoyed under the night sky.
- Travel the waterways by boat or Mekoro (a dug-out canoe), to explore the surrounding islands
- The area has been used to film and study the African Wild Dog packs which inhabit the area
- Morning and evening game drives along the river system ensure encounters with wildlife
- Night drives provide a chance to see the smaller nocturnal animals with spotlights
- Leisurely morning walking safaris with armed guides traversing the Gomoti plains