Chitabe Camp occupies an island in the 22,000ha private concession of the same name found in the south-east of the Okavango Delta. Renowned for its diverse habitat and abundant game, the concession affords rich wildlife and birding opportunities while the camp hosts guests in comfort.
Chitabe offers a classic land-based safari with morning and evening game drives and the option for guided bushwalks. The rich and varied game viewing on offer ranges from mighty elephant and cape buffalo to towering giraffe and an array of antelope species with large predators in tow. Guests will be delighted to find the area known for sightings of the rare and endangered African wild dog—to the point that Botswana’s Wild Dog Research Project is carried out here.
Back at camp, 8 spacious Meru-style tents with twin beds and en suite facilities including both an indoor and outdoor shower are set on elevated decks and connected by wooden walkways. The main thatched area, comprising lounge, pub and open-sided dining platform, is also raised allowing for magical views while a swimming pool offers welcome relief from the heat.
- Situated on a 22,000ha private concession in the Okavango Delta
- Game drives, bush walks and birding in a natural UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Region is known for varied and abundant wildlife and for sightings of African wild dog
- Comfortable lounge, open-sided dining area, bar, firepit, boma and swimming pool
- Library is a wonderful retreat nestled among the branches of a large tree