In the heart of Botswana’s Okavango Delta, powerful predators roam at large and a plethora of birds flit through the skies above the first wildlife area to be owned by local tribes. From the decks of Belmond Khwai River Lodge, you can own this experience first-hand and indulge in full relaxation at the same time.
The tented bush camp of Khwai River Lodge sits on the edge of a forest overlooking the Khwai River, Delta floodplains and the Moremi Game Reserve. Enjoy this rich wilderness by engrossing yourself in activities such as birding, bush dining, game drives, night drives, walking safaris, local village visits and stargazing.
The lodge offers air-conditioned Tents on raised wooden platforms under the shelter of traditional thatched roofs and private decks from which to spy on passing wildlife. The exclusive Suite comes complete with its own heated pool with sweeping views of the reserve. As the sun disappears behind the horizon, sit down to a candlelit boma meal, followed by an educational stargazing session, where guides teach you how to navigate the night sky.
- Set in the Moremi Game Reserve, one of the top reserves in Botswana
- Wonderful views of the Khwai River with an abundant predator population
- Wide private decks at each tent, ideal for romantic dining and game viewing
- Stargazing tutorials to teach you how to fully embrace the night sky
- The only camp in the Delta with in-room air-conditioning