Chobe Game Lodge is the only permanent accommodation inside the Chobe National Park. Its drawcard however, is its position on the banks of the Chobe River. The area boasts one of the highest concentrations of wildlife on the continent placing Chobe Game Lodge at the top of any discerning traveller’s bucket list.
Handcrafted Rhodesian-teak furniture fills the lodge’s 47 Rooms, while original African carvings and paintings adorn the walls. A stylish Tshwene bar with full-sized Victorian pool tables, well-stocked curio shop and wildlife reference library means guests will never be unentertained. An elevated 250m boardwalk showcases the neighbouring river, islands and floodplains. The boma is situated under large mahogany trees on the banks of Chobe River, while the Table d'Hote Restaurant is set within a tranquil garden where resident warthogs can be found grazing.
Game drives are enjoyed in open-sided vehicles ensuring guests have uninterrupted views of the wildlife. For a change of setting, game-viewing is also done from boats on the Chobe River. The trained guides pass on their knowledge through slide shows, stargazing presentations and walking safaris in the nearby Kasane forest. Chobe Game Lodge is committed to sustainability and community upliftment. They have a number of interesting projects on-site to drive this cause.
- Only permanent accommodation inside Chobe National Park, allowing maximum time on safari activities
- On the banks of Chobe River with views over the river, islands and floodplains
- Professional guides that offer additional services such as guided walking safaris
- Spectacular boma position on the banks of the Chobe River
- Committed to sustainable practices with many of their own project initiatives on-site to assist in this cause