Those needing a place to stay while en-route to or from the famous Moremi Game Reserve need look no further than Thamalakane River Lodge. The lodge is set in the cool shade of a forest on the banks of the Thamalakane River, just outside the busy town of Maun.
A popular pastime at Thamalakane is the Mokoro (traditional dugout canoe) trips to the Okavango Delta. Conservation and an understanding of local culture are the name of the game here with a guide detailing the complex interaction between the ecosystem and the flooding that characterises the Delta. Those who prefer their adventures dry can join one of the day trips to the Moremi Game Reserve by 4x4.
The riverine forest provides shade for 18 en-suite stone and thatch Chalets, some of which feature private splash pools. Patios extend from each Chalet and provide 180-degree views of the riverbank and gardens. Guests are provided with mosquito nets, ceiling fans and 2 bottles of mineral water daily to ensure their comfort. A swimming pool set in stone offers the perfect place to cool down after a day spent exploring.
- Ideal rest-stop on the way to Moremi Game Reserve
- Right on the banks of the Thamalakane River
- Take a guided Mokoro trip to the Okavango Delta to learn about the ecosystem and the locals
- Day trips to the Moremi Game Reserve are on offer
- 180-degree views of the riverbank and landscaped gardens from the patios of the en-suite stone chalets