Jao Camp offers its guests an unforgettable experience of the northern region of the Okavango Delta. Situated on an island within a private reserve, this lodge sees plenty of animal activity all year round, including a family of mongoose which favours this particular island above the rest.
Because of its island location, Jao Camp offers a wide variety of activities. These include game drives in open 4x4 vehicles or motorised boats, mokoro excursions and sleep-outs in a nearby raised hide – perfect for covertly observing the surrounding nature during the day and gazing up at the star-spangled sky at night.
The 9 spacious Tents are shaded by lush canopies of trees and provide a great level of comfort and luxury while staying true to the overall feel of a tented safari camp. Each Tent features a four-poster bed with mosquito netting, indoor and outdoor showers and a private sala. The camp itself has gym facilities for more active guests and a spa offering relaxing massage therapies for everyone else.
- Set on an island in the northern part of the Okavango Delta, surrounded by nature on all sides
- Frequented by various animal species, including a family of mongoose
- Game drives, mokoro excursions and a nearby raised hide
- Two of the mokoros have glass bottoms, providing guests with a one-of-a-kind viewing experience
- Luxury tented accommodation with en-suite bathrooms and both indoor and outdoor showers