The raw beauty and ancient spirit of the Kingstown Game Reserve was first discovered back in 1933 by Guy Aubrey Chalkley. As a tribute to their great grandfather’s pioneering spirit, Nicholas and Robert More have undertaken to build their own private camp, calling it the Lion Sands 1933 Lodge.
The main lodge is a great place to kick back and put your feet up among natural fibres, oversized chairs and an open fireplace that creates a relaxing yet elegant environment. Large windows, sliding doors and muted colours mirror the surrounding landscape and create a seamless, indoor-outdoor flow. The kitchen is ideal as it opens on to a dining area that’s equally suited to informal family meals or a banquet affair. All of these public areas open on to a wraparound wooden deck and swimming pool.
The 4 elegant Suites are air conditioned and have ceiling fans to keep you cool at all times. A children’s dormitory is also available and can host eight children if you want some peace and quiet. A connected bedroom is also available for an au-pair.
- Comfortable and inviting lodge with an emphasis on history and privacy
- Private game ranger for the ultimate safari experience
- Ideal for small groups and children, with special activities and babysitting at extra cost
- Plenty of adventure, including twice-daily Big 5 game drives, bush walks and hippo tours
- Exquisite accommodation with air conditioning, luxurious bathrooms and outside showers