Entebbe, while not the capital of Uganda, is certainly the country’s gateway. The city’s 4-star Protea Hotel resort is not only sprawled across the shores of the glittering Lake Victoria, but it is also conveniently located only 1km from Uganda’s main international airport. Forming part of the esteemed Marriott portfolio, this hotel is a convenient way to begin or end your Ugandan holiday.
With Kampala, the capital, only 37km away, Entebbe is a superb springboard from which to explore the surrounding area. The Ugandan president’s official residence also happens to be in Entebbe. Other attractions here include the National Botanical Gardens and the Wildlife Education Centre.
Guests can choose between the hotel’s Standard Twin, Deluxe Room, and Executive Suite. All are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, minibars, tea/coffee-making facilities, complimentary Wi-Fi, satellite TV, desks, and 24-hour room service. Other on-site amenities include a pool, fitness centre, restaurant, complimentary airport shuttle, babysitting services, daily housekeeping, and universally accessible rooms. There are also several beaches and golf courses nearby, and the hotel even allows pets!
- Conveniently located only 1km from the airport and found on the shores of Lake Victoria
- 4-star resort forming part of the Marriott portfolio
- Deluxe Rooms and Executive Suites boast king-size beds, balconies, and lake views
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, satellite TV, minibars, and tea/coffee-making facilities come standard with all rooms
- On-site restaurant serves local favourites such as Tilapia and Nile Perch
- Added bonus: the hotel is pet friendly