Winding wooden walkways and expansive indigenous gardens connect the romantic and secluded Suites to the main area of Bukela Game Lodge. Tucked away on the incline of a hidden valley in Amakhala Game Reserve, this is the perfect hideaway to enjoy stolen moments with that special someone while exploring The Eastern Cape province in South Africa.
A hidden treasure, Amakhala Game Reserve is home to an array of diverse fauna and flora within its 7,500ha. Game drives across its landscape and cruises along the Bushman’s River may reveal stealthy cheetah or stalking lion in pursuit of zebra, giraffe, and antelope. The 1820 Settler-turned-university-town of Grahamstown is within driving distance, as are the seaside hamlets of Port Alfred and Kenton-on-Sea.
Bukela’s King and Twin Suites invite endless relaxation with their en-suite bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, central fireplaces, air-conditioning, underfloor heating, and private viewing decks. The main lodge looks over a waterhole fondly frequented by buffalo, elephant, and warthog, while the adjoining boma is a superb setting for bush braais and dinners illuminated by gently-flickering lanterns.
- Intimate and romantic Suites furnished with spa baths, 4-poster beds, and private viewing decks
- Main lodge overlooks a popular waterhole
- Game drives around the reserve and cruises along the river
- Within easy driving distance of Port Elizabeth’s airport and other points of interest in the area
- Offers seclusion and relaxation thanks to its private location in the reserve