Zimbali is a coastal resort estate comprised of lush coastal vegetation and rolling hills on Kwazulu Natal’s North Coast. A strip of golden beaches stretching for 3.5km along the coast separates Zimbali from the Indian Ocean’s warm waters. Unusually for a natural oasis, visitors will also find lovingly sculpted indigenous gardens and Indonesian-inspired architecture of world-class hotels with rim-flow pools, making for luxury living in a tropical coastal setting.
In the 50-hectare reserve in the estate, tiny blue duiker roams under the branches of indigenous trees, which house 85 different bird species. Here, visitors can take long walks through shaded forest pathways towards the empty and pristine beaches. The many visitors who come to experience the luxury side of Zimbali will not be disappointed as they are treated to the swimming pools, tennis courts, health and beauty spa, and a world-class golf course that grace the grounds of the estate.
Within the estate, there are numerous accommodation options ranging from self-catering houses to luxury lodges and lavish resorts. The estate is located between the popular beach towns of Umhlanga and Ballito and is only a 20km drive from Durban.
- A 3.5km-long stretch of golden beaches separates Zimbali’s lush vegetation and rolling hills from the Indian Ocean’s waters
- Zimbali is a coastal resort estate with a range of luxurious accommodation options
- A 50-hectare reserve in the estate houses indigenous forest teeming with birdlife and small game
- Houses swimming pools, tennis courts, and a health and beauty spa
- A world-class golf course designed by pro golfer Tom Weiskopf
- Located between the popular beach towns of Umhlanga and Ballito and only 20km away from Durban