Ghost Mountain in Makuze is the subject of many a legend, the historical burial ground of Zulu chiefs and a place of extreme beauty. A stay at Ghost Mountain Inn will no doubt provide you with stories of your own and frequently returning memories you are happy to host. With four-star luxury and an ideal location from which to discover the wildlife and reserves of the Elephant Coast, this is an otherworldly safari experience.
Activities include game drives to the Big 5 Hluhluwe and Mkuze Game Reserves, a night drive, boat cruise, tiger fishing on Lake Jozini, rewarding birding with 420 species on record, and scenic hikes. Cultural excursions to neighbouring homesteads provide authentic insights into African life. The kids will be endlessly entertained with activities like the Grubby Nature Walk.
Room categories include 22 comfortable Standard Rooms, 19 Superior Rooms with upgraded linens and amenities, 7 Garden Rooms generous in size and 1 Suite with extra luxury. A well-appointed Disabled Room is fitted for guests with special needs. Delightful dining areas, Roy’s bar, 2 swimming pools, lounge, gift shop, and garden round out the facilities.
- Privately owned hotel offering four-star accommodation
- Picturesque setting at the foot of Mkuze’s legendary Ghost Mountain in Kwazulu Natal
- The ideal base from which to discover the wildlife and coastal reserves of Maputaland and the Elephant Coast
- The region’s birds are attracted to the 5-acre indigenous garden
- A variety of rooms on offer plus excellent facilities