Perched atop a forested throne, Hilltop Camp overlooks the Hluhluwe–iMfolozi Park with all-encompassing views of the surrounding Zululand hills. In addition to catering for every discerning traveller’s possible needs, the Camp’s prime location within the Reserve allows for unforgettable game-viewing.
The 96,000ha iMfolozi Game Reserve is rich in diversity and brimming with wildlife, allowing for spectacular game-viewing of animals such as cheetah, hyena, giraffe, zebra, and the iconic Big 5. Guests can get to grips with mother nature on twice-daily game drives, guided bushwalks, and from viewing hides overlooking pans and watering holes. Birders will delight in the 300 species of different birds flocking to the area.
Hilltop Camp’s accommodation ranges from a luxurious lodge to a variety of splendidly appointed self-catering units. All units are serviced daily by the camp’s dedicated staff and include 29 Self-Catering Chalets, 20 Chalets, 20 Rondavels, and the 8-sleeper Mtwazi Lodge. A ‘kiddies corner’ is equipped with a multitude of activities to help the young ones keep busy, including a jungle gym. Parents, couples, and friends can indulge in the restaurant’s fine cuisine or lounge at the pool.
- Located in the 96,000ha Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve
- Guests will enjoy sightings of cheetah, hyena, giraffe, zebra, as well as the Big 5
- A birder’s delight with over 300 different species of bird
- A range of different accommodation options to suit every traveller’s need from a luxurious lodge to self-catering units
- Facilities include a restaurant, pool, curio shop, and ‘kiddies corner’ with a jungle gym