Zululand authenticity meets world-class luxury at the Thanda Safari Lodge, an exclusive hideout carefully designed with both the African landscape and the modern traveller in mind. The lodge’s 9 Bush Suites were built to resemble a traditional Zulu homestead and are equipped with all the trimmings of a top-notch hotel.
The lodge is tucked away on the Thanda Private Game Reserve, a moist grassland sanctuary inhabited by the majestic Big 5 and over 400 species of birdlife. Explore the reserve on foot or on an open-vehicle game drive. The beaches of the St Lucia Wetlands is about an hour’s drive away and offer you the chance to go diving among the Indian Ocean’s reefs, sharks, and sea turtles.
Back at the lodge, you’ll find no shortage of luxury. Each Bush Suite is equipped with air conditioning, Wi-Fi, a private plunge, and a private dining boma. Views can be enjoyed from the sun deck or the outdoor sala. The lodge also has a spa, a library, and a wine cellar.
- 9 Bush Suites, each with private plunge pools and dining bomas
- Situated on the Thanda Private Game Reserve, home to the Big 5 and over 400 species of birdlife
- Health and beauty treatments are offered at the Thanda Spa
- Beaches running along the warm Indian Ocean are only an hour’s drive away
- Each rooms comes with air conditioning, Wi-Fi, mini-bar, and a safe