Standing proudly among the modern delights of Durban’s sun-drenched Golden Mile, Protea Hotel Edward is a grand old Victorian-era hotel awash in elegance and sophistication. The warm waters of the Indian Ocean beckon just 100m from this hotel, known for playing host to many esteemed guests.
The promenade of the Golden Mile stretches out in front of the hotel from the Suncoast Casino to the watery wonderland of uShaka Marine World. The beaches just off the promenade are great for sunbathing, while the waters of the Indian Ocean are warm and very safe for swimming. The promenade itself is known for its wide variety of restaurants, throngs of tourists, and colourful rickshaws that rattle down its length.
The 101 rooms of the hotel all display elegance and grace, while half enjoy uninterrupted views over the Indian Ocean. A panoramic roof-top pool is ideal for sunbathing or relishing a drink as the sun goes down in a red glow. On the ground floor of the hotel lies the Brasserie Restaurant, which features a full buffet breakfast and an à la carte menu.
- Located in the heart of Durban’s Golden Mile
- Victorian-era hotel awash in elegance and sophistication
- In proximity to white sand beaches and the safe waters of the Indian Ocean
- Half of the hotel rooms enjoy uninterrupted views over the ocean
- A panoramic rooftop pool is a great place for sunbathing