With the spirit of the legendary Shaka Zulu permeating across Zululand, Isibindi Zulu Lodge was created in celebration of the majesty and historical might of the Zulu nation. Set on the 1,600ha Isibindi Eco-Reserve, only a stone’s throw from the ancient Zulu Battlefields where Anglo-Zulu war was waged, guests are welcomed with true local hospitality and fervour.
Walk in the Zulu Battlefields where iconic clashes such as the Battle of Blood River took place. Visit a nearby village to gain a unique insight into the Zulu tribe’s way of life and listen to locals spin stories around local lore. Game drives will reveal the reserve’s inhabitants while picnics on the banks of the river will have visitors feeling entirely at peace.
In homage to the Zulu nation, the lodge’s suites have been built in the traditional beehive style. All are individually set along a ridge, have en-suite bathrooms, and a viewing deck with panoramic views of the reserve. Have a drink at the lodge’s bar carved out of thorn tree, take a dip in the pool overlooking the reserve, and enjoy a traditional boma dinner accompanied by drums and tribal dancing.
- A stone’s throw from the fabled Zulu Battlefields
- The lodge’s luxurious suites are modelled in the traditional beehive style
- The Honeymoon Suite has a romantic sunken bath
- The main lodge has a lounge, library, fireplace, bar, and swimming pool
- Enjoy village cultural tours, battlefield visits, nature walks, game drives, and picnics