Carefully nurtured and passed down in the Bailes family since 1924, Singita in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve first opened its gates to the public in 1994 - eager to share their natural treasures with the rest of the world. Stretched across 18,000ha of bushveld neighbouring the Kruger National Park, Singita offers visitors a lavish and personalised safari experience that is unhindered by the crowds that traverse Kruger
With a beady-eye fixed on conservation efforts and anti-poaching measures, Singita has become a sanctuary for its inhabitants - among them the Big 5. The vast savannah is dotted with looming acacia trees and teeming with wildlife. Guests are likely to spot lion prides, herds of elephant, giraffe and buffalo, clusters of rhino, and a host of other species. If you’re lucky you may even spot the elusive leopard.
Singita’s three lodges all equipped with Spa Treatments and gym facilities, a swimming pool, boutique store and gallery, library and wine boutique. So, there’s plenty to keep you occupied when you’re not enjoying Game Drives, Bush Walks, mountain biking, archery, stargazing, and cultural-community visits. Singita is a family-friendly reserve and has a number of activities in place to keep the little ones happy.
- Home to three luxury lodges and neighbouring the Kruger
- Go off-roading to get up close and personal with the wildlife
- Singita is a year-round safari destination with excellent game-viewing in the winter months and many new-borns to be sighted in the summer months
- Singita has its own airstrip with flights arriving from Johannesburg and Nelspruit
- The lodge can also be reach via a six-hour drive from Johannesburg and a three-hour drive from Hazyview