Tucked away in the 65,000ha Sabi Sand Region (home of the Big 5 and large numbers of elusive leopard), Exeter Private Game Reserve offers a safari experience that caters to all visitors - whether it is the family in search of fun for the whole clan, honeymooners in search of romance, or the discerning traveller in search of the ultimate in safari luxury.
Guided safari walks and twice-daily game drives will no doubt treat guests to sightings of the Big 5, endangered wild-dog, cheetah, and numerous herds of plains game such as the loping giraffe and obstinate wildebeest. Night drives will see visitor’s off-roading in pursuit of predators on the prowl. Exeter ensures unhindered and unrushed game-viewing potential with a limited number of vehicles venturing out at a time.
Other delights include in-room massages and al fresco dining under the night sky. Exeter is a year-round game-viewing destination although the March-through-to-October months are known to yield more sightings. Visitors can fly into the Ulusaba airstrip (a short drive from the Exeter lodges) or undergo a more extended road transfer after flying into the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. Otherwise, Exeter is a five-hour drive from Johannesburg.
- Located in the 65,000-hectare Sabi Sand Game Reserve, known for its high-density game population and frequent leopard sightings
- Great for everyone: families, friends, as well as honeymoon couples
- Night drives and off-roading will likely lead to exciting encounters with the reserve’s predator population
- Year-round game viewing destination
- Activities include game drives and guided walking safaris
- The reserve can be reached via Ulusaba airstrip and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport or after a five-hour drive from Johannesburg