There are a few things that one’s imagination would conjure up when thinking of your typical South African seaside getaway: a remote old fishing town overlooking a bay, Cape Cod architecture, fresh seafood and perhaps the bonus of scenic countryside drives along local wine routes. Add the flashy additions of a spa, renowned chefs and lush accommodation to get Arniston Spa Hotel.
The small town of Arniston offers an escape from city life without compromising on luxury. Start the day with a late breakfast of fresh oysters and champagne followed by a stroll along the pier amid colourful fishing boats and their charismatic owners, peddling the day’s catch. Indulge in a Ginkgo Leaf treatment at the spa; head out for a round or two of golf or take a cruise around the bay.
The accommodation reflects the nature of the hotel and essence of seaside living: laid-back comfort. With several room types, guests are sure to find something that not only meets their expected level of luxury but also won’t break the bank. Guests can’t go wrong with a Luxury Sea-facing Room, complete with its own private balcony overlooking the ocean.
- Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner and opens as a Bistro Bar in between
- Arniston is a picturesque fishing town, perfect for a laid back getaway
- Restaurant has an excellent wine list of local wines from the surrounding area
- Ginkgo Spa offers an extensive list of treatments for men and woman
- Nearby activities include the local wine route, golfing, fishing and boat trips