Rosenhof Country House is a pretty and sophisticated hotel on the outskirts Oudtshoorn. As the surrounding area is dry and barren, Rosenhof appears a welcome oasis after a long drive. The manicured grounds are Victorian in design and rosebushes scattered across the gardens and along the paths give the hotel its name, ‘Rosenhof’, meaning Rose House in Afrikaans.
The original Victorian Homestead is where the lounges, bar and restaurants can be found. Traditional South African cuisine is served with gourmet flair and has won Rosenhof international acclaim. A sense of refinement and indulgence is pervasive with a wellness centre which includes a Jacuzzi, sauna, fully equipped gym, beauty clinic and private art collection. Relax in any one of the lounges, or retire to the smoking room for an after dinner cognac and a selection of cigars.
All the rooms are individually furnished in a Cape Victorian style with en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, television and mini-bar. 12 Rooms have small patios that lead out to the rose-lined gardens while two Luxury Suites have private lounges and sizeable bathrooms - complete with exercise bikes and a private swimming pool.
- Extremely relaxing experience with beautiful rose gardens and wellness centre
- Focus on traditional South African cuisine with a gourmet twist
- Perfect stopover along the garden route to unwind and recoup
- Oudtshoorn is home to many attractions including ostrich ranges and the Cango Caves
- Consider a Luxury Suite for a stay of 2 nights or more to enjoy a private plunge pool – particularly welcome in summer.