The heart of the affectionately termed ‘Little Karoo’ also happens to be the ostrich capital of the world. At De Denne Guest House, guests are given the opportunity to experience life on a working ostrich and alfalfa farm—primary industries in the area—and easy access to the Cango Caves, the Swartberg’s Cape Floral Kingdom, and nearby Karoo towns such as Prince Albert and Calitzdorp.
Flanked by the Swartberg and Oliphant mountains, Oudtshoorn is beloved for its streets lined with historical buildings, expansive farmland, and numerous unique attractions. Guests can explore the awe-inspiring dripstone caverns of the Cango Caves, ride an ostrich at numerous farms around town, feed and walk with elephants, or rise early to embark on a meerkat safari.
From their Garden Suites and Family Suites, to their Deluxe Suites, charm emanates throughout De Denne Guest House, where most buildings on the farm date back 100 years. All have lounge areas, en suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, tea/coffee-making facilities, and bathroom amenities. Refuel on the De Denne’s sumptuous breakfast buffet before beginning the day’s adventure, whether it is birdwatching and scenic walks, or environmental farm tours and stargazing.
- Onsite curio shop, swimming pool, dining room, bar, and lounge
- Stargazing and ostrich farm tours are available on the property
- Daily breakfast buffet and local wine list available, with light lunches and vegetarian menus on request
- Great location from which to explore the Little Karoo
- Oudtshoorn is the ostrich capital of the world and home to the enchanting Cango Caves