Tucked away on a 220-hectare wine farm called Matjieskuil in the vicinity of Stellenbosch and the beautiful Cape Winelands region, Hawksmoor House is a beautifully restored Cape Dutch country retreat brimming with warmth, charm, and comfort.
With Cape Town just 25 minutes away you can see the city sites and then return to the allure of the country with its beautiful surroundings complemented by a dog snoozing on the verandah and perhaps an owl hooting at night. Although Hawksmoor produces its own range of wines which can be enjoyed while gazing upon the golden late-afternoon panorama from the sunset patio, the nearby Winelands have much more flavours to discover and scenic settings to enjoy.
Even the 15 Guest Rooms—divided between The Manor House, The Slave Quarters, The Dairy Room and Edge house, and arranged around a central pool and ornamental pond—offer plenty to discover as each is individually decorated and furnished with choice antiques. Among the categories available are a Self-Catering Cottage and a Family Room with space for a child and the option to accommodate another if under 12.
- Recipient of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Basic Double, Standard, Luxury, Superior and Family Room categories available plus a Self-Catering Cottage with 2 en-suite bedrooms
- Room amenities include digital safes, en-suite bathrooms with shower and/or bath, underfloor heating and tea/coffee-making facilities
- Delicious dinners are available and prepared with locally sourced produce
- Tastings available in stunning wine cellar with fireplace