At Clouds Estate, a working wine farm atop the beautiful Helshoogte pass in the Stellenbosch and Cape Winelands area of South Africa’s Western Cape, you are forgiven for having your head in the clouds.
With Cape Town and Franschhoek under an hour’s drive away and the immediate surroundings bursting with wine farms, markets, and beautiful scenery there is plenty to do and to taste. Gourmands will relish the many fine dining opportunities. The area’s beauty can be taken in on helicopter flips over the Winelands, biking trips in Jonkershoek Nature Reserve or via a scenic drive. Guests also have access to Delaire Graff spa and several golf courses are nearby.
All accommodation features floor-to-ceiling windows to take in the panoramic views. The 7 Hotel Rooms are luxuriously fitted, offer a complimentary mini-bar, stocked with Clouds’ wines and more, and include breakfast. 5 Deluxe Villas, tucked into the gardens, surrounded by vineyards and offering sublime views from the balcony, are also available. A welcoming pool and deck invite relaxation in-between excursions and the onsite restaurant offers a select but delicious menu of seasonal, elegant comfort food at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Serene location on a working wine estate on top of Helshoogte pass, world-class in its beauty
- Located within the Stellenbosch and Winelands area and under an hour from Cape Town, along with Cape Town International Airport, and Franschhoek
- Incredible mountain views
- Set up by a Dutch couple who fell in love with South Africa
- Boutique hotel accommodation marrying designer luxury with modern conveniences