Dating back to 1890, Franschhoek Country House once was the site of an old perfumery. Now fully restored, the house offers the luxury and services you’ve come to expect from a first-class hotel. Through it all, however, this hotel retains the intimate country-style atmosphere that characterises the village of Franschhoek.
The town is only a kilometre away, making it easy for you to take time and discover its treasures. Quench your thirst at the award-winning local wineries, browse the art galleries, tuck in at high-end restaurants, and delve into the village’s history at the Huguenot Monument and Museum.
Franschhoek Country House offers 6 Standard Rooms, 5 Luxury Rooms, and 2 Cottages as well as 12 Villa Suites. Country-style decor with the expected amenities of a five-star establishment grace all the rooms. Relax at one of two swimming pools, indulge in a spa treatment, or enjoy a complimentary sherry in the cosy lounge alongside a crackling log fire in the winter months. Franschhoek Country House also boasts the renowned Monneaux Restaurant, consistently rated among the best in South Africa and conveniently located in the ‘food-and-wine capital’ of the country.
- Close proximity to the village of Franschhoek and all it has to offer
- Various room categories to choose from, ranging from Standard Rooms to Villas
- Award-winning Monneaux Restaurant on site
- Swimming pools and spa treatments
- Five-star country-style living experience in the heart of the Cape Winelands