A lush, tree-laden nook of Franschhoek is home to 5 stately buildings combined to make Akademie Street Guesthouse. Family-owned and managed, personalised service is a guarantee whether guests lodge in the old Cape Dutch-style main house, the 1860s cottage, the terraced guesthouse, the garden suites, or the upstairs suite showcasing magnificent views of the Franschhoek mountains.
Franschhoek is one of the oldest settlements in South Africa. Encompassed by vineyards and looming mountains, guests will be tempted to merely marvel at their surroundings—but there is plenty to do! Visit wine farms, enjoy wine-tastings on horseback, excursions to the plethora of museums and monuments in the area, hikes up the mountain, or people-watch at the main street’s numerous sidewalk cafes.
Winding pathways bordered by lush gardens connect Akademie Street Guesthouse’s various suites to its main Cape Dutch-style house where breakfast is served. Each suite offers something unique, whether it is the Victorian bath found on a quiet corner of Gelatenheid’s balcony or the sunny conservatory in Twyfeling. All boast tasteful décor, en suite bathrooms, tea/coffee-making facilities, air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, and access to a shared or private swimming pool.
- An array of unique and exquisite suite options are on offer
- Located in a private and tranquil part of Franschhoek, a short stroll from the town’s main road
- All suites boast air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities, shared or private swimming pool access, and off-street parking
- Breakfasts served under a vine-covered patio
- Voted one of the Top Small Hotels in South Africa and the World on TripAdvisor