Reclining against the slopes of the Kalk Bay mountains and showcasing magnificent views of False Bay, Rodwell House is an inviting and luxurious retreat radiating charm from its 15,000-bottle wine cellar and tasting room, to its private gardens, vine-covered walkways, and Moroccan-styled courtyard. Whale-watch from the balconies and enjoy this tranquil abode an easy distance from Cape Town’s city centre.
Often referred to as Cape Town’s ‘Millionaire’s Mile’, the suburb of St James oozes Victorian charm and trendy character with its pristine beach and easy access to nearby attractions such as Simonstown and Kalk Bay harbour. The city itself can also be reached after a scenic 30-minute drive. Muizenberg, another suburb nearby, is renowned for its excellent surfing opportunities and lively beachfront restaurants and bars.
Rodwell House’s 8 Suites are as enticing as the property they find themselves on. Each has views of the mountain and/or the ocean, heated towel rails, air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, hairdryers, bathrobes and slippers, shower products, tea/coffee-making facilities, safes, and fridges. Other onsite amenities include secure parking, a gym, wine cellar, swimming pool, formal drawing room, dining room, library, and sunroom.
- 5-star boutique hotel offering accommodation in 8 tastefully decorated suites
- Enjoy vine-covered walkways, a swimming pool fed by mountain stream, a cellar, tasting room, library and formal drawing room
- Away from the bustle of the City Bowl, without being too far
- Located on Cape Town’s ‘Millionaire’s Mile’, close to Simonstown, Kalk Bay, and Muizenberg
- Tour assistance and transfers are available