Nyungwe Forest Lodge is located on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest National Park in Gisakura on a working tea plantation. The lodge has comfortable accommodation, top facilities and the benefit of having Nyungwe Forest — one of Africa’s largest and oldest mountain rainforests — right on its doorstep.
Activities at the lodge mostly take place in the national park; guests can go chimpanzee, black-and-white colobus monkey, grey-cheeked mangabey, blue monkey, and golden monkey trekking. Various guided walks are available, including a swamp walk, waterfall walk, and bird watching walk. Guests can also visit the nearby tea factory and nearby communities. Alternatively, relax at the poolside boma or swim in the pool while taking in the surrounding forest views.
22 Luxury Rooms spread between six wooden villas are on offer as well as two Presidential Suites, each in separate villas. All rooms are en-suite with private decks overlooking the forest and have air-conditioning, a fireplace, minibar, tea/coffee facilities, satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. Enjoy meals at the restaurant or dining area and drinks at the tea lounge and bar.
- Located on the edge of Nyungwe National Park on a working tea plantation
- Nyungwe Forest — one of Africa’s oldest forests and home to several primate species — is nearby
- Plethora of activities including primate trekking and several walks
- Rooms are luxurious with all the necessary amenities and private decks
- Poolside boma, swimming pool, restaurant, dining area, tea lounge, and bar